Family Link is an important service from Google that enables parents to help their kids and teens build safe and productive digital habits and make informed decisions online. Family Link offers a non-intrusive form of parental control where parents get to supervise their kids' activities online and create Google accounts for them with access to Gmail, Maps, Calendar and several other Google services. Family Link requires that both parents and kids install Google Family Link app on their devices. Once the installation is done and everything is configured, parents will be able to do the following:
"1- Guide them to good content
- View their activity - Not all screen time is the same. Help your child make healthy decisions about what they do on their Android device, with activity reports showing how much time they’re spending on their favorite apps.
- Manage their apps - Handy notifications let you approve or block apps your child wants to download from the Google Play Store. You can also manage in-app purchases, and hide specific apps on their device.
- Feed their curiosity - It can be hard to figure out what apps are right for your child, so Family Link shows you teacher-recommended apps on Android that you can add directly to their device.
2- Keep an eye on screen time
- Set limits - It’s up to you to decide the right amount of screen time for your child. Family Link lets you set time limits and a bedtime for their supervised devices, so you can help them find a good balance.
- Lock their device - Whether it’s time to go play outside, have dinner, or just spend time together, you can remotely lock a supervised device whenever it’s time to take a break.
3- See where they are
It’s helpful to be able to find your child when they’re on the go. You can use Family Link to help locate them as long as they’re carrying their Android devices"